ECHO CARDIOGRAPHY TEST IN DELHI
Echo cardiography, also known as an echo test, is an ultrasound examination of your heart to assess the function of the heart structures. Sound waves create a moving picture of your heart, giving us information about its size and shape, and how well your heart chambers and valves are working.
An echocardiogram is noninvasive (the skin is not pierced). Also, the procedure is used as a safe method of assessing heart function. Because the patient is not exposed to radiation during an echocardiogram, the procedure is suitable for repeated measurements over time.
- An echo uses sound waves to create pictures of your heart’s chambers, valves, walls and the blood vessels (aorta, arteries, veins) attached to your heart.
- A probe called a transducer is passed over your chest. The probe produces sound waves that bounce off your heart and “echo” back to the probe. These waves are changed into pictures viewed on a video monitor.
- An echo can’t harm you.
WHY AN ECHO TEST?
Your doctor may use an echo test to look at your heart’s structure and check how well your heart functions.
The test helps your doctor find out:
- The size and shape of your heart, and the size, thickness and movement of your heart’s walls.
- How your heart moves.
- The heart’s pumping strength.
- If the heart valves are working correctly.
- If blood is leaking backwards through your heart valves (regurgitation).
- If the heart valves are too narrow (stenosis).
- If there is a tumor or infectious growth around your heart valves.
The test also will help your doctor find out if there are:
- Problems with the outer lining of your heart (the pericardium).
- Problems with the large blood vessels that enter and leave the heart.
- Blood clots in the chambers of your heart.
- Abnormal holes between the chambers of the heart.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR THE ECHO TEST?
You don’t have to do anything special. You can eat and drink before the test like you usually would.
FETAL ECHOCARDIOGRAM IN PREGNANCY
Fetal Echocardiography in Pregnancy an ultrasound test done during the pregnancy to evaluate heart of the unborn baby. We have experienced team of doctors for that.